It will take a sustained, diverse and multi-level national campaign to transform retirement. We must mobilize the millions of people across the workforce who need constructive change and the employers who will benefit from it. Only this combined force can combat age bias, end 65 as the “sell-by date” and normalize new and better ways of phasing retirement and transitioning out of full-time work. We are that campaign.
There are concrete steps each of us can take starting today – regardless of your current age and work status — to ensure a better future for the American workforce. Where you sit may suggest how you stand up for Respectful Exits.
All of Us can build the campaign by pledging support for the long haul.
All Employees can act to change the path to retirement at their workplace
Inclusive Employers can take concrete steps to reinvent the trajectory of work
All of Us can:
- Join the Campaign, donate and receive regular updates
- Subscribe to the Respectful Exits Blog today and share it with your networks
- Visit, Like and Follow us on Facebook
All Employees can:
- Sign up as a Supporter at one of three levels and receive a range of communications and tools
- Educate your employer with the Considering Respectful Exits Toolkit
Inclusive Employers can:
- Replace formal and informal “retirement ages” with open-ended options
- Review and modify their training commitments to workers as they age
- Offer knowledge-sharing driven flexible and phased retirement choices